UrbanByNature - The Global Programme for Urban Nature Pioneers
Invites you to its next webinar on
"How to finance nature-based solutions in the urban environment?”
Date: 29 October 2019
Time: 10:00-11:00 AM, Brasília Time (2:00-3:00 PM CET).
In this webinar, introducing STEP 4 | COMMIT & PLAN , cities and researchers from EU and Brazil provided insights into how cities can be inspired for determining best suited financing and business models for nature-based solutions. Key elements were highlighted and case studies shared to better contextualise the work needed around the theme of the webinar.
- Siobhan McQuaid, Head of Innovation, Centre for Social Innovation of Trinity College Dublin, TCD, Ireland
- Ian Goodman, MyParkScotland Project Manager and Emma Halliday, Programme Manager, Scotland
- Juliana Ribeiro, Senior Analyst, Grupo Boticário, Curitiba, Brazil
The webinar was moderated by Daniela Rizzi (ICLEI Europe) and Sophia Picarelli (ICLEI South America).
Content of the webinar:
- Financing and Business Models for NBS:
- How much do NBS cost and who pays for them?
- Why is a business model for NBS important?
- How to build a business model for NBS?
- Case study of innovative approach to financing of NBS e.g. public-private-people partnership (PPPP)
- Case study of innovative small-scale financing of NBS e.g. crowd financing of community projects of NBS (Scotland, UK)
To view the agenda please click here.
Visit our playlist with the webinar's videos on the Connecting Nature YouTube channel.
If you haven't registered for the UrbanByNature Programme yet, please, click here.