UrbanByNature - The Global Programme for Urban Nature Pioneers
Invites you to its next webinar on
"Technical Nature-based Solutions: Urban stories of widening roll-out”
Date: 5 December 2019
Time: 10:00-11:00 AM, Brasília Time (2:00-3:00 PM CET).
In this webinar, proceeding to 'STEP 5 | IMPLEMENT' of the integrated management approach of our UrbanByNature programme, representatives from cities, researchers and SMEs across Europe and Brazil shared their experiences and insights on how to apply as well as roll out technical Nature based solutions in cities. Key elements for technical NBS design and implementation were highlighted and various examples shared.
- Stuart Connop, Senior Research Fellow - Sustainability Research Institute, University of East London (UK)
- Rania Sermpezi, GIS Technical Project Officer – H2020 Connecting Nature
- Sven-Oliver Knabe, Market Development Manager, Helix Pflanzen
- Cristiano Budreckas - Agronomist, Hidrobotanica Ambiental, Brazil
The webinar was moderated by Daniela Rizzi (ICLEI Europe) and Sophia Picarelli (ICLEI South America).
Content of the webinar:
- Diversity of types of NBS and critical aspects that influence technical design decisions
- Developing a database to inform technical design
- Examples of technical solution innovation from SMEs
- Examples of how solutions are scalable and provide for multifunctional benefits?
- Examples of how local biodiversity is supported by the design?
Click here to view the Agenda.
Visit our playlist with the webinar's videos on the Connecting Nature YouTube channel.
If you haven't registered for the UrbanByNature Programme yet, please, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org(ICLEI Europe) or email@example.com (ICLEI South America).