UrbanByNature - The Global Programme for Urban Nature Pioneers
Invites you to its next webinar on “Upscaling: different methodologies to scale up NBS and transfer them to other cities”
Date: 18 June 2020
Time: 9:00-10:30 AM, Brasília Time (2:00-3:30 PM CEST).
In this webinar, we proceeded to our STEP 7 | UPSCALE of the integrated management approach of the UrbanByNature programme. We heard from representatives of cities and experts on the topic of creative approaches for implementing and scaling-out nature-based solutions. This topic was essential for webinar participants to learn more about capturing local knowledge and supporting co-creative planning processes in regards to nature-based solutions. Specifically, the webinar shared experiences on outcomes related to the testing of a new methodology to facilitate the design of NBS.
- Dimitra Xidous, Research Fellow, Centre for Social Innovation, Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
- Paula Vandergert, Senior Research Fellow - Sustainability Research Institute, and Pauline Georgiou, Research Assistant, University of East London (UK)
- Ms. Nermina Suljevic, City of Sarajevo, Ms. Lejla Beslagic, City of Sarajevo and Belma Pasic, Sarajevo Economic Region Development Agency (SERDA) (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Ana Clara Mourão, Coordinator of the Geoprocessing Laboratory at the School of Architecture, Federal University of Minas Gerais, UFMG (Brazil)
- Marcus Collier, Connecting Nature Project Coordinator, Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
The webinar was moderated by Daniela Rizzi (ICLEI Europe) and Sophia Picarelli (ICLEI South America)
Content of the webinar:
- Using Memory work, Eco-therapy, Immersion in Nature, and Body-Mapping to establish a new co-creation methodology to understand the story of nature in cities
- Applying this process to the development of Nature-Based Solutions (Sarajevo)
- Reflecting on how the methodology helps us to better understand the role of nature, the power of connection and story-making, and contribute to replicability of NBS in cities.
- The application of the Geodesign method in Belo Horizonte (Brazil) as a participatory decision-making tool and its replication potential.
- Connecting Nature coordinator on innovating with nature.
Find the agenda here.
Visit our playlist with the webinar's videos on the Connecting Nature YouTube channel.