UrbanByNature, the Global Programme for Urban Nature Pioneers, kicked off its webinar series for Brazilian cities on April 23rd, 10 -11:30 AM (BRT), 3 - 4.30 PM (CEST).
This webinar , "Introducing UrbanByNature", presented the groundbreaking new facilitated capacity-building and expertise-sharing programme to lift the barriers to urban nature and set our cities and towns on a new green course. Participants learned more about the integrated planning approach of the programme, which is aligned with ISO 37101, to build the capacity of local governments staff towards implementing nature-based solutions step-by-step. During the webinar, participants had the opportunity to share their experiences and time to explore common questions.
UrbanByNature will be further launched in other regional hubs (the Caucasus, China and Korea), starting with the Brazilian stream on April 23rd.
- Tiago Freitas, European Commission, DG RTD, Brussels, Belgium
- Cecilia Herzog, urban landscape designer, specialist in environmental preservation of cities and professor at the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ, Brazil)
- Marcus Collier, Project Coordinator, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- City of Genk (Belgium): Peter Vos (sustainability expert), Katrien Van De Sijpe (Head of Department of Environment and Sustainability) and Mien Quartier (expert in Social Innovation)
- Erika Mielke, Director of Research and Monitoring of the Environment Secretary of Curitiba, Brazil
Moderated by Alice Reil and Daniela Rizzi (ICLEI Europe), Sophia Picarelli (ICLEI South America).
Registration for this webinar is now closed but we are happy to share with you the link to our playlist containing the Kick off webinar videos, now uploaded on the Connecting Nature YouTube channel.
To view the agenda click here.
If you haven't registered for the programme yet, please click here