UrbanByNature - The Global Programme for Urban Nature Pioneers delivered a webinar in May 2019.
"What are your city's needs and experiences on nature-based solutions?"
Date: 29 May 2019
Time: 10-11:00 AM (BRT), 3-4:00 PM (CEST)
In this webinar, experts and cities working on nature-based solutions shared how they have identified their city’s needs and experiences in this field. This allowed them to better understand their starting point for planning and implementing nature-based interventions. The speakers outlined how they spotted barriers and opportunities, as well as potentials for ensuring that solutions result in city-wide benefits.
- Dr. Stuart Connop, Senior Research Fellow - Sustainability Research Institute, University of East London (UK)
- Stephan Kampelmann and Adrian Hill, OSMOS (Belgium)
- Natalia Madajczyk, Head of Unit for Interdisciplinary Projects, City of Poznań (Poland); Agnieszka Dziubała, Connecting Nature Project Officer, City of Poznań (Poland); and Agnieszka Osipiuk, Chief Specialist for Interdisciplinary Projects, City of Poznań (Poland)
Moderated by Alice Reil and Daniela Rizzi (ICLEI Europe) and Sophia Picarelli (ICLEI South America).
To view the agenda click here
Content of the webinar:
- the current status of urban nature-based solutions globally
- the Connecting Nature project and the planning of nature-based solutions for city-wide benefits
- the ambitions of leading cities to plan for nature-based solutions
- the benefits of having an institution as well as Small- and Medium-Enterprises developing processes for exploring city needs and experiences together
- Poznan’s experiences with nature-based solutions and lessons learnt along the way towards implementation
Visit our playlist with the webinar's videos on the Connecting Nature YouTube channel.
If you haven't registered for the programme yet, please click here.