UrbanByNature, the Global Programme for Urban Nature Pioneers, will kick off its webinar series for Brazilian cities on April 23rd, 10 -11:30 AM (BRT), 3 - 4.30 PM (CEST).
In this webinar , "Introducing UrbanByNature", we will present this groundbreaking new facilitated capacity-building and expertise-sharing programme to lift the barriers to urban nature and set our cities and towns on a new green course. Participants will learn more about the integrated planning approach of the programme, which is aligned with ISO 37101, to build the capacity of local governments staff towards implementing nature-based solutions step-by-step. During the webinar, participants will have the opportunity to share their experiences and time to explore common questions.
UrbanByNature will be further launched in other regional hubs (the Caucasus, China and Korea), starting with the Brazilian stream on April 23rd.
- Tiago Freitas, European Commission, DG RTD, Brussels, Belgium
- Cecilia Herzog, urban landscape designer, specialist in environmental preservation of cities and professor at the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ, Brazil)
- Marcus Collier, Project Coordinator, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- City of Genk (Belgium): Peter Vos (sustainability expert), Katrien Van De Sijpe (Head of Department of Environment and Sustainability) and Mien Quartier (expert in Social Innovation)
- Erika Mielke, Director of Research and Monitoring of the Environment Secretary of Curitiba, Brazil
Moderated by Alice Reil and Daniela Rizzi (ICLEI Europe), Sophia Picarelli (ICLEI South America).
To register for this webinar and to view the agenda, as well as information on the upcoming events of the programme (webinars and face-to-face events) please visit the UrbanByNature event's page
If you haven't registered for the programme yet, please click here