UrbanByNature - The Global Programme for Urban Nature Pioneers
Invites you to its next webinar on
"Technical Nature-based Solutions: Urban stories of widening roll-out”
Date: 5 December 2019
Time: 10:00-11:00 AM, Brasília Time (2:00-3:00 PM CET).
In this webinar, proceeding to 'STEP 5 | IMPLEMENT' of the integrated management approach of our UrbanByNature programme, there will be representatives from city, research and SMEs from Europe and Brazil sharing their experiences and insights on how to apply as well as roll out technical Nature based solutions in cities. Key elements for technical NBS design and implementation will be highlighted and various examples will be shared.
- Stuart Connop, Senior Research Fellow - Sustainability Research Institute, University of East London (UK)
- Rania Sermpezi, GIS Technical Project Officer – H2020 Connecting Nature
- Sven-Oliver Knabe, Market Development Manager, Helix Pflanzen
- Cristiano Budreckas - Agronomist, Hidrodinamica Ambiental, Brazil
The webinar will be moderated by Daniela Rizzi (ICLEI Europe) as well as Sophia Picarelli (ICLEI South America).
Content of the webinar:
- Diversity of types of NBS and critical aspects that influence technical design decisions
- Developing a database to inform technical design
- Examples of technical solution innovation from SMEs
- Examples of how solutions are scalable and provide for multifunctional benefits?
- Examples of how local biodiversity is supported by the design?
Agenda will be shared soon. Stay tuned.
To register for the webinar, click on this link and enter the requested details. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to join the webinar.