We look forward to hosting a Nature–Based Enterprise (NBE) Expo and Pitch Battle during the H2020 Clustering Action Transforming Cities. Companies are invited to exhibit and pitch their solutions at a specially held event expo to city managers from all over Europe. Applications are now closed.
BUSINESSES TAKING PART IN THE EXPO
Helix Pflanzen GmbH I-CATALIST
Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia
Mari Carmen Garcia Mateo / Architecture Planning
Download the Expo Catalogue here
What type of business are we looking for?
- Nature-based enterprises providing specific nature-based solutions for towns and cities e.g. green infrastructure, ‘nature-based’ waste and water management solutions;
- SME’s providing support services to cities when creating and drafting plans to implement nature- based solution programmes in their cities e.g. GIS mapping; collaborative planning;
- Businesses providing products, services or solutions that create resilient cities
Apply and get access to these opportunities for nature-based enterprises and SME’s:
- Privileged access to multiple European cities with potential to initiate strategic partnerships along with increased visibility and access to new markets
- Exhibition space to organise business meetings with relevant business counterparts based on your company profile
- Profile included in online catalogue & also in conference pack
- Pitching session in front of key decision makers from cities, researchers and European Commission officials
- ‘Most Innovative NBE 2018’ Award and a platform for the winner to pitch their business at the final event plenary
- Media exposure
- Network with city managers and planners, researchers and business advisers
- Access to all sessions of the event itself which addresses to innovative approaches linked to nature-based solutions
Are you interested in this once-off opportunity to engage directly with decision makers in cities across Europe? Submit your application and we’ll be in touch.
Register Here: The closing date for applications to the Expo and Pitch Battle is now closed.
On Day 1 and Day 2 during the Expo, 6 SME’s pitch for 5 minutes. The jury gives feedback on your pitch and finally the jury and audience vote during the day (and over the duration of the event) for “Most Promising NBE 2018”. The vote closes at 12 noon on Day 3. Votes will be analysed by the event organisers, and the elected winner is announced and will be given the opportunity to give a final pitch at the final plenary on Day 3.
Selected businesses will be offered an exhibition space in the central networking area to showcase their enterprise throughout the 3 day event. The expo will take each day between 14.30 – 15.30
What we provide:
- Space, Table, Chairs, electrical point
What do you need to bring?
- A promotional pop up banner
- Leaflets, Brochures, Business Cards
- Optional video or PowerPoint presentation on a mobile device
How to prepare for success:
We will send you a 3 slide template to present your NBE (Who are you? What is your NB solution? Why are you the best?). On 10th May, Horizon Nua will organise a pitching webinar for the contestants where all the participating businesses will have the opportunity to practice their pitches before each other. Horizon Nua will provide individual feedback to each business and if necessary follow on one-to-one coaching.
Please note: Pitches should be in English
For the selected businesses, there is no registration fee to attend the Transforming Cities-conference, but all attendees are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
Read more about the Expo here or contact Isobel Fletcher (Senior Project Manager – Horizon Nua) via email (email@example.com) or Telephone (+353 1 493 5942).