The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is proud to partner with the WWF Landscape Finance Lab (LFL) to present a webinar and learning forum examining how finance can be directed for the benefit of local stakeholders engaged in Forest and Landscape Restoration (FLR).
Please join our webinar, as well as the two-week discussion forum, on the Landscape Finance Lab Platform to exchange information on available options, and to share lessons and case studies. We welcome your engagement with the community to learn more about local finance options for forest and landscape!
- Webinar on Wednesday, 28 November 10–11:30h CET Rome – (Use this tool to convert to correct hours in your local time zone.) on Zoom, and
- Two-week facilitated discussion on the Landscape Finance Lab Platform
The knowledge-sharing forum aims to answer these questions:
- What are local finance mechanisms? How do they work and can be used to support FLR?
- How can they be accessed by different stakeholder groups?
- What conditions are necessary to allow their use?
- How can these mechanisms work together within a landscape context? What is necessary to improve coordination of these mechanisms?
- What tools and guidance are available to develop capacity on local finance?
Seth Shames, Director at EcoAgriculture Partners and
Lucy Garrett, Specialist in financing mechanisms for sustainable food systems and landscape restoration, FAO
Participants will have an opportunity to ask questions during the webinar.